In short: we respect your privacy. You need not provide Urban Roads with personally identifying information (e.g., name, telephone number, email address, city and/or state of residence) as a condition of using our site. In case you voluntarily provide this information, we will not give or sell it to any unaffiliated third party.
What data we collect and why we collect it
Urban Roads follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites but are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. We collect usage and tracking data through a website analytics service provider called Statcounter.
Statcounter is an online service which helps us to understand our visitors; for example, how visitors find our website, how long they spend on our site, which web pages they are most interested in etc. We use Statcounter because better understanding how visitors are interacting with our website helps us to improve the content, design and functionality of our site. This allows us to offer a better online experience to our visitors. We may also use this data (particularly the IP address) to protect against and prevent fraud, and to provide for the safety and security of our visitors.
- Time and date of visit (this can help us to identify and plan for busy periods on our website)
- IP address (this is a numerical label assigned to a device by an Internet Service Provider to enable the device to access the internet)
- Browser and Operating System (this can help us to make sure that our website functions correctly in the browsers/operating systems used to access our site)
- Device Information e.g. device type and screen size (this can help us to make sure that our website functions correctly in the devices used to access our site)
- Referring Data e.g. a search engine link (this can help us to understand which search engines are helping visitors to find our website)
Furthermore, when you visit our website a Statcounter cookie (called “is_unique”) may be placed in your browser. This cookie is used only to determine whether you are a first-time or returning visitor and to estimate unique visits to the site.
You can learn more about cookies from Statcounter and set your browser to refuse same here:
Tracking technologies and cookies
You can choose to disable cookies through your individual browser options. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some parts of our service. More detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers can be found at the browsers’ respective websites.
Who we share your data with
Embedded content from other websites
Disclosure for law enforcement
Under certain circumstances, Urban Roads may be required to disclose your personal data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Urban Roads may disclose your personal data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- comply with a legal obligation
- protect and defend the rights or property of Urban Roads
- prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- protect against legal liability
How long we retain your data
Usage and tracking data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our website, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
What rights you have over your data
You can request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
How we protect your data
Urban Roads has implemented and maintains reasonable security procedures and practices to protect against the unauthorized access, use, modification, destruction or disclosure of your personal data. The security of your personal data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Changes in this privacy statement
Our contact information